Setup a PPTP VPN in OpenVZ
1. Enable PPP module in SolusVM (Manage > Controls > Settings > "Enable PPP")
2. Re-install with our Debian 6 w/pptpd template in SolusVM (Manage > Controls > General > "Re-install")
3. Change localip in /etc/pptpd.conf to your VPS IP address
4. Setup username and password in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
5. Run iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT --to-source YOURVPSIP
6. Run iptables-save
7. Run service pptpd restart
8. Run sh /root/reapply.sh
And you're all set. Login to you server using your VPS's IP address and credentials. If you have any issues try the following troubleshooting steps:
Run the following command: cat /dev/ppp
If it returns "cat: /dev/ppp: No such device or address" then your PPP module is set correctly, if not, you need to enable it in SolusVM (or disable and re-enable it).
Restart your VPS in SolusVM. If this allows you to connect but you do not have internet access, you'll need to re-run the iptables commands above (steps 5 and 6).
If you want to install PPTP from scratch, we recommend this guide: http://www.putdispenserhere.com/pptp-vpn-setup-guide-for-a-debian-openvz-vps/
Was this answer helpful?
No, we don't offer Cpanel/Whmcs License.
All VPS/Cloud plans including all top linux OS,for cloud users - you can also use windows...
For those of you who are interested in adding a GUI to your server that you can connect remotely...
Yes - We allow irc on all of our servers.
How To Install OpenVPN Access Server on Ubuntu 12.04 Enable Tun/Tap 1. just go to you contol...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution