Setup a PPTP VPN in OpenVZ
1. Enable PPP module in SolusVM (Manage > Controls > Settings > "Enable PPP")
2. Re-install with our Debian 6 w/pptpd template in SolusVM (Manage > Controls > General > "Re-install")
3. Change localip in /etc/pptpd.conf to your VPS IP address
4. Setup username and password in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets
5. Run iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -j SNAT --to-source YOURVPSIP
6. Run iptables-save
7. Run service pptpd restart
8. Run sh /root/reapply.sh
And you're all set. Login to you server using your VPS's IP address and credentials. If you have any issues try the following troubleshooting steps:
Run the following command: cat /dev/ppp
If it returns "cat: /dev/ppp: No such device or address" then your PPP module is set correctly, if not, you need to enable it in SolusVM (or disable and re-enable it).
Restart your VPS in SolusVM. If this allows you to connect but you do not have internet access, you'll need to re-run the iptables commands above (steps 5 and 6).
If you want to install PPTP from scratch, we recommend this guide: http://www.putdispenserhere.com/pptp-vpn-setup-guide-for-a-debian-openvz-vps/
Was this answer helpful?
System Time Are Wrong, how to fix it ?please follow this...
Email Marketing or any kind of spam IS NOT Allowed
HOW TO Reset root password ?Login to SolusVM.Click the "Manage" button next to the VPS.Click on...
install Ubuntu 12.04 TLSthan do: apt-get update apt-get upgrade Pre-requisites...
All VPS/Cloud plans including all top linux OS,for cloud users - you can also use windows...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution